What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ? docosahexaenoic acid definition
Date:2021-06-05Category:Algal Oil, Algae Oil, DHA,Algae Extract, Algae DHAView:228Comments:0
What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA )? and what is docosahexaenoic acid definition? The docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) supplied by RISHON is made from algae, microalgae, a vegetarian source, which is veganic,natural,with no contaminates.
What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA )
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid which is the primary structural component of the human brain, cerebral cortex, skin, and retina. In physiological literature, it is given the name 22:6 (w-3). It can be synthesized from alpha-linolenic acid or obtained directly from maternal milk (breast milk), fish oil, or algae oil / powder products.
Docosahexaenoic acid’s structure is a carboxylic acid (-oic acid) with a 22-carbon chain (docosa- derives from the Ancient Greek for 22) and six (hexa-) cis double bonds (-en-); with the first double bond located at the third carbon from the omega end. Its trivial name is cervonic acid, its systematic name is all-cis-docosa-4,7,10,13,16,19-hexa-enoic acid, and its shorthand name is 22:6(n−3) in the nomenclature of fatty acids.
What does DHA do for the brain?
Docosahexaenoic acid May Help Prevent or Slow Alzheimer’s Disease. DHA is the main omega-3 fat in your brain and essential for a functional nervous system, which includes your brain. Studies have shown that people with Alzheimer’s disease have
lower levels of DHA in their brains than older adults with good brain function .
How much DHA do you need per day?
Various mainstream health organizations have released their own expert opinions about the recommendation of how much DHA you should take per day, but they vary considerably. Overall, most of these organizations recommend a minimum of 200–400 mg DHA each day for healthy adults. However, higher amounts are often recommended for certain health conditions. Also, some specific suggestions are given as below:
For pregnant and lactating women, DHA supports brain and eye development of the baby. — Minimum 200-400mg DHA/ Day
For infants, DHA is important for brain and eye development. — Minimum 10mg/Kg, Min 100mg/ Day.
For children, DHA is important for ongoing brain and eye development. — Minimum 150mg/Day.
For adults, DHA supports brain, eye & heart health. — Minimum 200mg/Day.
Above is about “what is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA )? and docosahexaenoic acid definition ” , Please see more about : 12 Health Benefit of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) .
- Algal Oil, Algae Oil, DHA,Algae Extract, Algae DHA*List
- 1Algae docosahexaenoic acid oil,Algal docosahexaenoic acid oil,CAS:6217-54-5
- 2Rishon Candy with docosahexaenoic acid DHA
- 3What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ? docosahexaenoic acid definition
- 4Algae DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Soft Capsules
- 5Algae Docosahexaenoic acid Powder,Algal Docosahexaenoic acid Powder,CAS::6217-54-5
- 6Microalgae oil as a vegetarian source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid
- 7Microalgae DHA oil supplier: RISHON
- 8Omega-3 Marine algae oil with essential fatty acids
- What's New
- Uses & Effectiveness of Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Overview of Sea Buckthorn
- Algae Docosahexaenoic acid Powder,Algal Docosahexaenoic acid Powder,CAS::6217-54-5
- Algae docosahexaenoic acid oil,Algal docosahexaenoic acid oil,CAS:6217-54-5
- What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ? docosahexaenoic acid definition
- Algae DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Soft Capsules
- Omega-3 Marine algae oil with essential fatty acids
- Microalgae oil as a vegetarian source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid
- Microalgae DHA oil supplier: RISHON
- Rishon Candy with docosahexaenoic acid DHA
- Tags List
- Essential Fatty Acid (1)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (2)
- omega-3 fatty acid (1)
- camelina oil (1)
- Algae Docosahexaenoic acid Powder (2)
- 6217-54-5 (3)
- Algae docosahexaenoic acid oil (2)
- Algal docosahexaenoic acid oil (2)
- docosahexaenoic acid definition (2)
- Purslane Oil (2)
- 225234-03-7 (2)
- 135669-41-9 (2)
- Perilla Seed Oil (2)
- 68132-21-8 (2)
- Flax Seed Oil (2)
- 8001-26-1 (2)
- Soya Protein Powder (2)
- 50-81-7 (2)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (2)
- Overview (2)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (2)
- Soft Capsules (2)
- Microalgae oil (2)
- DHA (2)
- COVID-19 vaccines (2)