What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ? docosahexaenoic acid definition
What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA )? and what is docosahexaenoic acid definition? The docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) supplied by RISHON is made from algae, microalgae, a vegetarian source, which is veganic,natural,with no contaminates.
What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA )
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid which is the primary structural component of the human brain, cerebral cortex, skin, and retina. In physiological literature, it is given the name 22:6 (w-3). It can be synthesized from alpha-linolenic acid or obtained directly from maternal milk (breast milk), fish oil, or algae oil / powder products.
Docosahexaenoic acid’s structure is a carboxylic acid (-oic acid) with a 22-carbon chain (docosa- derives from the Ancient Greek for 22) and six (hexa-) cis double bonds (-en-); with the first double bond located at the third carbon from the omega end. Its trivial name is cervonic acid, its systematic name is all-cis-docosa-4,7,10,13,16,19-hexa-enoic acid, and its shorthand name is 22:6(n−3) in the nomenclature of fatty acids.
What does DHA do for the brain?
Docosahexaenoic acid May Help Prevent or Slow Alzheimer’s Disease. DHA is the main omega-3 fat in your brain and essential for a functional nervous system, which includes your brain. Studies have shown that people with Alzheimer’s disease have
lower levels of DHA in their brains than older adults with good brain function .
How much DHA do you need per day?
Various mainstream health organizations have released their own expert opinions about the recommendation of how much DHA you should take per day, but they vary considerably. Overall, most of these organizations recommend a minimum of 200–400 mg DHA each day for healthy adults. However, higher amounts are often recommended for certain health conditions. Also, some specific suggestions are given as below:
For pregnant and lactating women, DHA supports brain and eye development of the baby. — Minimum 200-400mg DHA/ Day
For infants, DHA is important for brain and eye development. — Minimum 10mg/Kg, Min 100mg/ Day.
For children, DHA is important for ongoing brain and eye development. — Minimum 150mg/Day.
For adults, DHA supports brain, eye & heart health. — Minimum 200mg/Day.
Above is about “what is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA )? and docosahexaenoic acid definition ” , Please see more about : 12 Health Benefit of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) .
- Rishon Candy with docosahexaenoic acid DHA
- Microalgae DHA oil supplier: RISHON
- Docosahexaenoic Acid function for brain health introduction
- The Importance of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Health
- Microalgae oil as a vegetarian source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid
- omega-3 Marine algae oil with essential fatty acids
- DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Reduces the Risk of Early Preterm Birth
- What foods in with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)?
- How much DHA(docosahexaenoic acid) do you need per day?
- What is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ? docosahexaenoic acid definition
- Docosahexaenoic Acid*List
- 1omega-3 Marine algae oil with essential fatty acids
- 2Microalgae oil as a vegetarian source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid
- 3The Importance of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Health
- 4What foods in with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)?
- 5Rishon Candy with docosahexaenoic acid DHA
- 6DHA Docosahexaenoic Acid Reduces the Risk of Early Preterm Birth
- 7Microalgae DHA oil supplier: RISHON
- 8Docosahexaenoic Acid function for brain health introduction
- 9Algae Docosahexaenoic acid Powder,Algal Docosahexaenoic acid Powder,CAS::6217-54-5
- What's New
- Symptoms, Prevent, Treatment,Health information about COVID-19
- Is it safe for pregnant women, planning breastfeeding mothers to receive COVID-19 vaccines?
- Who should be excluded from receiving COVID-19 vaccines?
- Is it possible that someone vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get infected?
- What happens if an adverse event is reported?
- What is the link between COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions?
- What are the side effects of COVID-19 vaccines?
- How do we know that COVID-19 vaccines are safe?
- About COVID-19 coronavirus vaccines
- WHO says pandemic has caused more 'mass trauma' than WWII
- Tags List
- Essential Fatty Acid (1)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (1)
- omega-3 fatty acid (1)
- camelina oil (1)
- Novel Coronavirus (1)
- vegetarian essential fatty acid (1)
- 2019-nCoV novel coronavirus (1)
- resistance to novel coronavirusis (1)
- Compound Amino Acid (1)
- benefits of amino acids (1)
- deficiency of essential fatty acids (1)
- Omega-3 help hair growth (1)
- 6217-54-5 (3)
- Purslane Oil (2)
- 225234-03-7 (2)
- 135669-41-9 (2)
- Perilla Seed Oil (2)
- 68132-21-8 (2)
- Flax Seed Oil (2)
- 8001-26-1 (2)
- Soya Protein Powder (2)
- 50-81-7 (2)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (2)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (2)
- COVID-19 vaccines (2)